Warmer weather is on the horizon & that means cold brew season!
What is cold brew?
Cold brew is not to be confused with iced coffee. The main difference in these brew methods is temperature. Cold brew is coffee that is brewed with room temperature water & refrigerated. Iced coffee is coffee that is brewed with almost boiling water and then served over ice. Depending on the recipe, cold brew takes about 16 – 24 hours to make. The longer extraction period makes it less acidic than regularly brewed coffee and therefore is naturally more sweet & less bitter than iced coffee.
What you need
- Hario Mizudashi Cold brewer
- 70 grams medium-coarse ground coffee
- 1 litre filtered room temperature water
- Prep time: <3 Minutes
How to brew
- Weigh 70grams of medium-coarse ground coffee into the brew basket.
- Pour 1 litre of filtered water over the grounds.
- Put the lid on and refrigerate for 16 hours.
- Remove the grounds from the brewer + stir + enjoy!
- Cold brew is incredibly versatile due to its stability; it can be refrigerated for up to 10 days and besides enjoying it as is, it can be used in alcoholic cocktails, ice cream + baking.